Save The Rentals Santa Barbara is a group committed to the idea that well-managed and well-regulated Short Term Rentals can be a benefit to our community.
Our members include:
Travelers who benefit from Short Term Rentals
- Families who could not otherwise afford a Santa Barbara holiday
- Travelers to Santa Barbara who prefer a shared family-style gathering (rather than being separated into individual hotel rooms)
- Temporary workers, professors, medical personnel & their families relocating for employment, executive housing, insurance claim temporary housing, housing needed during remodels
- People looking to move to our area; for whom a short term rental is an excellent housing alternative while they look for more permanent housing.
Community supporters who benefit from Short Term Rentals
- Citizens who can afford their homes because of the revenues created by STRs
- Citizens who understand the enormous overall economic benefit of STRs to our City
- Neighbors who have had good experiences with short term rentals
- Civic leaders who realize that the City cannot afford to lose a clean industry which creates significant revenues – directly & indirectly
Supporters who benefit economically from Short Term Rentals
- Property Owners who are part-time residents of Santa Barbara
- Property management companies
- Working people who are employed in the management, cleaning, servicing, and maintenance of rental homes
- Businesses who provide services to short term rental properties
Want to learn more about the issue? Read out our short term rental house study and short term rental neighborhood study today!